COVID-19 Safety Precautions
The health and safety of our clients and team members continues to be on the forefront of our minds. We continue to take precautions for our clients and team members, including VanderBeken Remodel staff, specialty trade partners, and suppliers.
Effective June 5, 2020, King and Snohomish counties in Washington state have been authorized to proceed to operate under Phase 2 Construction Restart Rules. This means that all construction is allowed to resume in both counties. Phase 2 will carry over many of the Phase 1 requirements, although a few are eliminated, a few modified, and a few added.
As such, business continues and we are grateful for the technology that has allowed us to meet with and move forward on projects. Specifically, Zoom video calls have opened up a great communication pathway for us and our clients and we are thankful for this technology. We are currently in production with projects that have completed the design process and we welcome new opportunities.
If you would be interested in dialoguing about working together on your next home remodel, please reach out to us on our Contact Us page, here.
As for safety protocol, here is a rundown of what we continue to implement:
For in-person design and production meetings extra care is taken to comply with Washington State COVID-19 guidelines.
On project sites, we are following the best practices set forth by the EPA for Lead Paint Containment and important guidelines from the Building Industry Association of Washington in accordance with the governor’s office as well as the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) additional safety precautions.
- All team members, including staff, trade partners, and suppliers, will check in with the project manager before entering the site
- No one with flu like symptoms will be onsite
- Plastic walls will be erected to isolate work areas
- A HEPA negative air machine will be onsite
- Trash cans will be emptied frequently
- Everyone will sanitize their hands prior to entering and/or exiting the work area
- Everyone will wear the proper PPE (eye protection, mask, gloves)
- A Greenhaus portable toilet will be made available along with an established hand washing/sanitizing station outside of each client’s home in the designated transition area.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces on jobsites and in offices, such as shared tools, machines, vehicles and other equipment, handrails, doorknobs,and portable toilets.
- One trade at a time will be allowed onsite so that a physical distance of six feet will be maintained.
We are closely monitoring and adapting our practices by following the most recent recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the guidance of local officials.
The following info graphic outlines some necessary precautions you can take to stay safe:
You can stay connected to us as always through email, phone, text, instant messaging, social media, BuilderTrend, as well as Zoom video calls and by following us on Facebook.
We are remodelers, not Epidemiologists. We are not sure what tomorrow brings. There will be changes and adjustments to our plans, and plenty of uncertainty lies ahead. But, we are certain that the health of our team and our clients is our highest priority. From that, we will not waver.
Be safe. Stay healthy.